Attendees must be registered with UNEA to attend official side events.
UNEA website: http://web.unep.org/unea
An official United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-2) side event sponsored by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, with the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, the Scientific and Technical Advisory Panel of the Global Environment Facility, the Climate and Clean Air Coalition, and the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum of Kenya.
The event will consist of an expert panel session. Panelists will discuss the evidence base supporting the role that clean cooking can play in delivering the SDGs and the Paris Agreement, highlight case studies of successful cookstove and fuel interventions, and review the various benefits (health, environment/climate, gender, economic) that can be expected from these programs.
- Daniel Wanjohi, Regional Market Manager, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
- Sunday Leonard, Science Programme Officer, Climate and Clean Air Coalition
- Hayalnesh Tarekegn, Program Officer on Pneumonia and Diarrhea Child Health, United Nations Children Fund
- Ralph Sims, Director, Centre for Energy Research at Massey University, and member, Scientific and Technical Advisory Panel of The Global Environment Facility
- Faith Wandera Odongo, Deputy Director of Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy and Petroleum of Kenya
- Jessie Durrett, Senior Program Associate, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves