The Way Forward: Accelerating Gender Equity in Coffee Value Chains
The emerging awareness of the role gender plays in coffee-producing communities and households and of the significant challenges faced by women presents an opportunity. This report identifies what is known about this opportunity and offers recommendations on how the industry can move into action while continuing to deepen understanding.
This report is intended to:
- Provide sufficient evidence of a business case to invest
- Respond to key concerns raised about addressing gender equity in coffee supply chains
- Share learning on challenges and best practices
- Propose recommendations for individual companies, public-private partnerships, and the coffee industry as a whole, and
- Establish a foundation for industry-wide collaboration toward a more resilient co ee supply chain through greater gender equity.