Making the Case for Women in the Energy Sector: Resources
Documents and Case Studies
- Arizona State University. (n.d.). Vocational training & education for clean energy (VOCTEC). Brochure. Arizona State University.
- Biogas Sector Partnership Nepal (BSP). (2009). Gender mainstreaming in the biogas support programme, Nepal. Produced for ENERGIA.
- Carter, N.M. & Wagner, H.M. (2011). The bottom line: Corporate performance and women’s representation on boards (2004-2008). Catalyst. Available here.
- ECREEE & NREL. (2015). Situation analysis of energy and gender issues in ECOWAS member states. Developed for the ECOWAS Policy for Gender Mainstreaming in Energy Access. Available here.
- Ernst and Young. (2016). Women in power and utility index 2015. Available here.
- GE Renewable Energy. (2016). “Women brush prejudice aside at Saint-Nazaire.” Blog. May 11, 2016. Available here.
- Global Clean Cookstove Alliance. (2015). Scaling adoption of clean cooking solutions through women’s empowerment. Available here.
- IRENA. (2016). Renewable energy and jobs. Annual Review 2016. Available here.
- IRENA. (2017). Renewable energy and jobs. Annual Review 2017. Available here.
- IRENA. (2011). IRENA working paper: Renewable energy jobs: Status, prospects and policies. Available here.
- IUCN. (2015). Women in environmental decision making: New research from the Environment and Gender Index (EGI). Available here.
- IUCN, EGI, ENERGIA and USAID. (2017). Energizing Equality: The importance of integrating gender equality principles in national energy policies and frameworks. Available here.
- Modi, K., Schoenberg, J., & Salmodn, K. (2012). Generation STEM: What girls say about science, technology, engineering, and math. Girl Scout Research Institute. Available here.
- Rojas, A., Prebble, M. & Siles, J. (2015). “Flipping the switch: Ensuring the energy sector is sustainable and gender- responsive.” In L. Aguilar, M. Granat, & C. Owren (Authors), Roots for the future: The landscape and way forward on gender and climate change. IUCN & GGCA. Available here.
- SNV. (2015). “Women in Dong Hoi reap initial benefits from ADB-funded climate change mitigation initiatives.” Available here.
- Woetzel, J. et al (2015). The power of parity: How advancing women’s equality can add $12 trillion to global growth. McKinsey Global Institute. Available here.
- USAID. (2017). Integrating Gender Equality and Female Empowerment in USAID’s Program Cycle. Operational Policy (ADS) Chapter 205. Available here.
- World Economic Forum. (2016). The industry gender gap: Women and Work in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Available here.
- Barefoot College
- Grameen Shakti
- IUCN Gender and Renewable Energy (G-REEN) Platform
- POWERful Women
- Solar Sister
- USAID Engendering Utilities
- Women of Wind Energy
- Women in Sustainability, Environment and Renewable Energy (WISER)
Videos and Webinars
- IUCN GGO. (2017). Increasing girls’ and young women’s interest in STEM and the energy sector. GECCO Webinar. Available here.
- IUCN GGO. (2017). Fomentar la participación de las mujeres en el sector energético. GECCO Webinar. Available here.
- WRISE. (2017). Find her keep her: Recruiting and retaining women across renewable energy. WRISE Webinar. Available here.
- IUCN GGO. (2015). Women working in the energy sector: why are there so few? Presentation by Kristen Graf. “Gender equality in the energy sector: Understanding how renewable energy contributes to empowerment.” Available here.
- IUCN GGO. (2015). Challenges and strategies to increase and retain women’s participation in the energy sector. GECCO webinar. Available here.