The work presented in this annual review demonstrates that investments in gender equality and women’s empowerment strengthen Bureau and Mission-level capacities to meet USAID’s objectives and mandates on gender equality, and compel wider stakeholder action. During the 2019 Fiscal Year (October 1, 2018 – September 30, 2019), the USAID Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment’s (E3) Office of Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GenDev) continued to strengthen awareness and capacities on gender equality and women’s empowerment across environment sectors and issues through Advancing Gender in the Environment (AGENT). A partnership between USAID and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), AGENT continues to catalyze widespread results through innovative knowledge generation and technical assistance.
Advancing Gender in the Environment: Accelerating impact for equality and sustainability – A review of AGENT’s reach and results (October 2018-September 2019)
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
- IUCN (2020). Advancing Gender in the Environment: Accelerating impact for equality and sustainability. IUCN. Washington, D.C.
- Access to Finance, Accessing and Controlling Natural Resources, Addressing Gender-Based Violence, Advancing Women's Participation and Leadership, Building Gender Knowledge and Capacities, Encouraging Women and Girls in STEM, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills, FinTech, Formal Sector Employment, Gender Action Plans and Planning, Gender-Responsive National Planning, Good Practices, Hard Skills Development, Human Resources, Improving Financial Literacy, Integrating Gender in the Project Cycle, Making the Case, Mentorship and peer-to-peer support, Networks, Soft Skills Development, Technical Assistance, Unlocking Women's Economic Empowerment, Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA)
- Adaptation and Resilience, Climate Change, Climate Change Gender Action Plan, Climate-Related Conflict, Readiness, State Fragility and Climate Resilience
- Energy and Infrastructure, Fisheries, Geothermal
- Asia and the Pacific, Global, Latin America and the Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Development Agencies, Donors and Funds
- AGENT, IUCN