Designed primarily for government representatives, in-country facilitators and advisors, and Support Unit staff, this guide offers five steps to steer efforts towards enhancing gender equality considerations and to exemplify how gender tools and methodologies can be used to develop gender-responsive NDC action plans. These areas represent key elements required to secure identification of gender relevant data, including gender gaps, and the possibility to engage with national gender agencies and gender stakeholders who can support the identification of sector-specific activities that contribute to achieving climate, development, and gender equality goals. The areas proposed ensure actions and progress can be tracked using gender indicators and that these actions are provided with financial support that secures their implementation.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
- IUCN and NDC Partnership
- NDC Partnership
- IUCN and NDC Partnership (2021). Practical Guide on Developing Gender-Responsive NDC Action Plans. NDC Partnership: Bonn, Germany.
- Accessing and Controlling Natural Resources, Addressing Gender-Based Violence, Advancing Women's Participation and Leadership, Building Gender Knowledge and Capacities, Community, Corporate, Decision Making, Gender Action Plans and Planning, Gender Analysis, Gender in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, Gender Indicators and Data, Gender-Responsive Budgeting, Gender-Responsive National Planning, Gendered Work Burdens, Good Practices, Governmental, Integrating Gender in the Project Cycle, International Representation, Land and Resource Rights, Networks, Unlocking Women's Economic Empowerment, Women's Associations and Cooperatives
- Adaptation and Resilience, Adaptation Innovation, Climate Change, Climate Change Gender Action Plan, Climate Finance, Climate Information, Community-Based Adaptation, Disaster Risk Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Ecosystem-Based Adaptation, Emissions Reduction, Energy Mitigation, Low Emission Development, Mitigation, Mitigation Financing, National Adaptation Plan, Readiness, REDD+, Social Inclusion and Intersectionality
- Agriculture, Energy and Infrastructure, Farming
- Donors and Funds, Government