Power Africa is a U.S. government-led partnership coordinated by USAID.
Power Africa launched the Women in African Power (WiAP) network to advance the participation and representation of women within the energy sector across the African continent.
The Women in African Power webinar series aims to share knowledge and build the professional skills of women active in Africa’s energy sector.
In this WiAP webinar, Pitching projects and ideas to investors, participants will learn effective skills on how to create and present pitches.
The webinar was moderated by Ana Rojas, IUCN, and included the following presentations:
- Habiba Ali, CEO, SOSAI Renewable Energies Company
- Bowale Odumade, AVP-Investment, Africa Finance Corporation
Additional resources for this webinar include:
- A webinar resource that provides an overview of this session is available here.
- Worksheets on how to create and prepare for your pitch are available here.
- A list of business resources, tips for working with impact investors, a list of opportunities for awards, funding and networking, and more, compiled by the Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI) is available here.
- A video of an excellent real-life pitch Habiba presented to investors.
- A list of useful investment contacts, generously compiled by Habiba.
Power Africa is a U.S. government-led partnership, coordinated by USAID, with a goal of adding 30,000 megawatts (MW) of new electricity generation capacity and 60 million new home and business connections in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030.
View the video to learn more about Power Africa and Women in African Power (WiAP) in a webinar designed to introduce participants —particularly for women working in the energy sector— to effective skills on how to create and present pitches.